2011 Printmaking & Painting Workshops
PRINTMAKING WORKSHOPS Learn how to create beautiful “printed paintings” using the watercolour monotype process with award winning artist & printer, Marg Peter. Painting is done directly on a Plexiglas plate. The image is then transferred onto acid free paper by hand pressure or a printing press.
ONE DAY PRINTMAKING WORKSHOPS $75 plus paper used. Bring watercolour paints & brushes. All one day printmaking workshops are at the Williams Mill.
1. BASIC Painted images of your favorite subjects are printed on acid free paper. Sat., May 7. . 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
2. IMPASTO Use a palette knife to create the watercolour image on the plate (Pentel watercolours). Sat., May 14. 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
3. BLOCK OUT TECHNIQUE Using fresh floral material with watercolours. Sat., May 21. 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
SIX SUNDAY MORNING WORKSHOPS at the Williams Mill. $195 plus paper used. Learn Basic, Impasto, Block Out & Trace techniques. May 1, 8, 15, 22, June 5, 12. 9 a.m. – 12 p.m.
COLLAGRAPHS $150 plus paper used. Create collaged images on mat board that are sealed, inked & printed to produce textured gems of art.
At the Williams Mill:
· June 3. 7–9 p.m. June 4, 11. 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
At Marg’s Studio in Guelph:
· June 24. 7–9 p.m. June 25, 26. 10a.m.–4 p.m.
1.PLAYING WITH FLUID ACRYLICS. July 18 – 22. Elora, ON. Register with Wellington County & Archives.
(519) 846-0916 ext. 221
2. ACRYLIC: TEXTURED FLORALS & LANDSCAPES $125. Tissue paper is painted with layers of acrylic & then collaged onto paper or canvas. Bring your favorite colours. Fri., Aug. 5 6 – 9 p.m. & Sat., Aug. 6. 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. At the Williams Mill Studio.
Registration information -
Info@email@example.com (519) 822-6169
Mail cheque to –
Marg Peter, 5 Birch Street, Guelph, ON N1G 2N2
For Map & more info on Marg’s studio at the Williams Mill Visual Arts Centre, 515 Main St., Glen Williams (Georgetown) L7G 3S9 visit www.williamsmill.com